You may have a lot of sub sections in your left hand navigation portlet creating a long navigation for your users to browse through. This accordion functionality allows you show just the main headings, and when your users click onto them the detail will drop down.
Please Note: this behaviour is applied on a per portlet basis, so you will need to apply it to each navigation that it is re
- Ensure that you are logged into your site
- Go to the top right hand section of the edit bar and click on your name
- From the drop down list, select 'manage portlets'
- Click on the 'navigation ' portlet
- Click the drop down list under the section named 'navigation style'
- Select the option called 'Accordion Style'
- Click Save
You will now see that arrows have appeared on your navigation for the items which have 'sub items'. When these arrows are clicked on, the additional information will be displayed. Ta dah!